Are AI tools a boon or a bane. On TV shows and on conference panels, I’ve spoken about how AI tools actually make our work easier, and more efficient. Whether an organisation wants to do more with the greater efficiency or make people redundant is their decision, and no fault of the AI tools. It’s important for people to learn these tools, and add these skill sets.
Two TV shows:
- On NDTV, here’s a clip of how we at MediaNama are using ChatGPT and other AI tools. We have, since June 2023, done a lot more, in terms of working on prompt engineering, and have even bought some tools to help us work.
- On TimesNow, here’s a show from January 2023, on concerns of job losses with AI, where I talk about how it impacts creators, and address threats regarding job losses.
My show notes from the Jan 2023 discussion:
- Here’s where AI is being used:
- Drafting legal contracts
- Designing rooms according to a theme and size
- Generating written content, such as articles, blog posts, and scripts
- Creating dialogue for characters in video games, movies, and TV shows
- Generating song lyrics and poetry
- Assisting with brainstorming and idea generation for advertising and marketing campaigns
- Creating chatbot responses for customer service and virtual assistants
- Finding the right image for a mood
- Writing emails
- Creating proposals
- Writing marketing content
- Improving emails you’ve written to be more respectful
- ChatGPT AI has a clear bias: the dataset that it references. The final output should always be reviewed and edited by a human to ensure it is of high quality and appropriate for the intended use.
- AI is going to get better with time. It uses a feedback loop to understand what humans want and what they dont.
- AI can improve efficiency and productivity of individuals but an also lead to job losses for some. The market will change.
- Impact industries like data entry, customer service, and other tasks that rely on language. ChatGPT can be used to quickly and accurately understand and respond to customer queries, allowing companies to improve their customer service and support. This can lead to improved efficiency and cost savings for businesses.
- The development and deployment of ChatGPT and other language models can also create new job opportunities in fields such as data science, machine learning, and software engineering. People will need skilling.